The Green Neighbor Challenge is a non-profit project building a free online toolset to empower US residents to take energy action and advance energy democracy. Our flagship tool, a Green Energy Finder, helps anyone with a utility bill (including renters) find and sign up for green energy in the US. Get started at greenneighborchallenge.org.
You can join the Green Neighbor Challenge and support our work in three ways: First, share our resources and content and encourage everyone in your network to go green. If you are an environmental organization excited about collaborating with us, we would love to hear from you! Please connect with us at email@example.com.
Second, help bring the Green Neighbor Challenge to life! Building a national database with over 850 energy programs, a website, and a coalition of non-profit partners is no small task. Contributing even $3 or $5 a month really does help support the stability of our team and expand the reach of our tool.
Finally, join our neighborhood to receive monthly updates on our progress and be the first to know when new features get rolled out! Together, we really can breathe easier!
We think there are 5 great reasons to join the Green Neighbor Challenge:
- Creating Hope – Through action, we create hope! And when we create hope together, new futures are possible.
- Improving Health – Every dollar spent on green pricing programs yields about $2.47 in public health benefits. If 2% of eligible homes signed up, we’d collectively avoid $968 million annually in healthcare costs. Not to mention, stay healthy!
- Protecting Climate – Greening our electricity can eliminate 28% of our carbon footprint. The average home can do this for under $10/month! If 2% of homes did this, we’d avoid as much carbon as a forest the size of Maine could sequester.
- Changing Economy – We have alot of work to do! Green energy means green jobs! If 2% of homes switched, we could construct roughly 2,470 wind turbines or 15,120 football fields of solar. Farmers often see many benefits too!
- Advancing Food and Water – When natural prairie grasses are restored beneath solar panels, not only do they help purify and hold groundwater, but the bees that live in prairie grasses improve the growth of nearby fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
The Green Neighbor Challenge is a fiscally sponsored project of the Power Shift Network, 501c3.